All photographs were taken at Little Folks Corner
Kindergarten is offered to those who are ready for the academic Kindergarten level. We follow the same curriculum as the surrounding Ann Arbor and Dexter public schools, including a FULL day program.
8:30 - 9:00 Arrival: Puzzles, sensory table, letter and number activities.
9:00 - 9:30 Morning Work: Letter of the week activities, consonant sounds, letter recognition, sequencing, and math.
9:30 - 10:00 Group Time:
- Daily activities include weather, songs, calendar, and a child directed attendance chart.
- Topic or theme for the day and letter of the week phonics.
- Group time encourages the confidence to verbalize and respect ideas and thoughts on the topic at hand.
10:00 - 10:30 Wash hands and eat snack.
10:30 - 11:00 Change rooms, Art.
11:00 - 11:20 Choice time.
11:20 - 12:00 Clean up and Outdoor fun:
- 4 acres of land offer hiking, wildlife exploration, and pond activities all of which include interaction and observation.
- Seasonal treats include hayrides, sleigh rides, sledding, waterslides, and water sprinklers.
- Big wheels, various ball games, climbing, and swinging from the tire swing are all time favorites.
12:00 - 12:30 Lunch time (pack lunch, we provide juice and milk.)
12:30 - 1:00 Literature with partners or choice time.
1:00 - 3:00 Outdoor nature exploration, science and group activities.
3:00 - 3:30 Wash hands and eat snack.
3:30 - 4:00 Music, whole group literacy.
4:00 - 4:20 Group meeting, review day, and shown n' share.
4:30 - 5:30 Clean up and out door fun.